Friday, August 10, 2012

Two Short Stories


When the future arrives

Any one of these days will the future and ask you how things are going. We shall say that they are very good that you read the newspapers every day that you have two kids, a dog and not missing work one day. And then you wonder if you're happy. And I will answer you're at it. And again 20 years later and again ask you how things are going. And answer that are nice, you watch television, you got three grandchildren, the dog died and you are about to retire. And then you wonder if you're happy. And I will answer you're at it. 15 years later the future will again ask how things are going and you will answer that very well. No longer watch TV, you have 5 grandchildren who still walk and you miss your wife. And then you wonder if you're happy. And I will answer you're at it.

I've seen it all

I've seen it all. I saw all the colors, I tried all the flavors, I saw happy faces, sad faces, faces of travelers and people who have already arrived. I've seen it all. I've seen from behind a window, I saw him face to face, from a train and an airplane. I've seen? Africa, I have seen Europe, I have seen America, Asia've seen, I have seen rich and poor, I have seen wars and kisses. I've seen beautiful women and men who want to be beautiful women. And women want to be men. And men who love women, and women who love men. I've seen flowers and trees, I've seen rain and rainbows. I've seen mountains, I've seen misery, I've seen goodness. I have seen euphoria, I saw sadness. I've seen it all. I've seen you, I have seen her but I have not seen me.

Luciana Salvador

No comments:

Post a Comment